Sunday, March 31, 2013

FREE Career Advice for Job Seekers Through My LinkedIn Group


This is just a reminder that one of the advantages of being a member of the EMPLOYER & CANDIDATE CONNECTION LinkedIn group and its subgroup, STRIVE FOR FIVE is that you can ask job-related questions and get answers from me as the group owner, one of the two Group Managers or other members of the group (which include other recruiters and employers who are members of these groups)AT NO CHARGE.  What could be better than FREE, individualized career coaching? 

Please ask your questions THROUGH ONE OF THESE GROUPS so that others will benefit from your question and the answer. 

(Bear in mind that if your issue involves confidential information (e.g., salary negotiation questions, reason for being laid off, etc.), you can either make your question general in nature or, it may be beneficial for you to seek the services of a career coach.  There are numerous coaches right on this group, or, you can consult my public website where I have made the names of some coaches that have been referred to me available.  Please note that I do not endorse the services of any particular coach and strongly suggest that each person do their own due diligence and "interview" the coach(es) they are considering for compatibility.)
Mark wrote: 
“Hi Marissa,
I attended a coaching session with you at NCCC last month. At that time you mentioned a method for taking a list of key words (that describe my aspirations desires, skills abilities etc.) that could be plugged into a search engine that would bring up a list of Job Descriptions that may fit with the key words. It was a way of narrowing the job focus or bringing up other careers or industries where the skillset would be valued. Will you remind me of the procedure/process and were the web site is located to do the search? I appreciate you and your time. Please let me know if I can be helpful to you in some way.
Thank you again. You are a gifted presenter.”
MH

Answer: 
Mark.  I remember you, and am impressed that your notes are so detailed.
All materials I review are on www.meetup.com under the "NC3" meetup group.

11 comments:

  1. I like your blog it's really cool and nice thank you for sharing this great information about the Career Coaching good work.


    Career Coaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super blog and very interesting information which I always wanted to search many article but you article is really fantastic.
    Job Seeker Survey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is awesome. You have shared very valuable information to us. Thank you so much for sharing this.




    which work to choose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Interesting blog and very amazing detail about the data science jobs well done keep it up.
    data science jobs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to thank you for this great blog! I really enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.
    building jobs london

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really appreciate your work and very amazing and important information about the resume builder which have share in this blog.
    resume builder

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I really appreciate your all efforts which is specially for the new jobs alerts well done.
    Sarkari Result

    ReplyDelete
  11. Interesting and very informative blog about dot reasonable suspicion keep more posting.
    dot supervisor training

    ReplyDelete